Granny liked to make Pork Rib Curry with Potatoes, but it is essentially the same as using beef ribs. you can interchange the potatoes for Cauliflower and Ladies fingers or have all of it. The Lemongrass and Bay Leaves gives the depth of spices some accent and is entirely optional.
1 Yellow Onion or a handful of Shallots chopped finely
600grams of Short Ribs
200mls of Coconut Cream
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
4 tablespoons of cooking oil
Granny’s Curry Powder mixed with water into a runny paste
2 LemonGrass stalk ends, mash the ends or cut into 4
2 Bay Leaves.
Eggplant, cleaned and cut into blocks.
Potatoes, peeled and soaked in water for 30 minutes.
Ladies Fingers, whole or sliced.
Cauliflower, separated into florets.
- Empty out the Curry Powder into a mixing bowl, add water and stir into a paste
- Fry the Onions in 4 tablespoons of oil and add in the curry paste
- On low heat, stir until the oil begins to separate from the mixture.
- Add in the optional Lemon Grass and Bay Leaves and the Short Ribs and Coconut Cream and optional Potatoes
- Add water to cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Add in the optional Vegetables and add water as necessary to cover.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Check that the Potatoes are cooked and the meat is tender.
- Add Salt to taste.